Friday, April 8, 2011

Baby on Board ~

One thing I really love about doing maternity shoots is how creative I get to be. It's always a fun challenge to come up with a fresh and artistic approach. The idea for this particular portrait session came to me after speaking with my client Claire and getting a feel for what she was looking for. Right away she was receptive to all my ideas and that made for a very exciting session. I love the beauty of pregnancy and the feelings of love that shines through these images.
I found this garden path unexpectedly. It was tucked away from the park where we were shooting and couldn't have been a better blessing. Sometimes the unexpected can turn out to be even better than anything you could have planned.
Luckily for us it had rained a few days before our shoot, which made everything look so fresh and colorful. It was also an overcast day which gave us soft and gentle light.
Sometimes all you need is a tiny piece of fabric to create some magical images.

This is my favorite image of the day. I used my 35 mm lens which blurred out the background nicely.
This is a fun photo shop action I discovered called Patina. It just creates a whole different hippie-type vibe which I adore. I love discovering new ways to make beautiful images. I used to do it by trying out all different kinds of films. Now it's done in photoshop. You never know what you're going to come up with which makes taking photographs a continually evolving and exciting art form.

No comments:

Post a Comment